Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yummy yummy, delicious

I watched both of the videos with ease, thinking I could figure this site out pretty quickly. I believe I am getting a little overconfident with this web 2.0. I have to admit, I had a hard time with this website. It did come at great timing because I have to give my computer back to my school, and I was bummed out that I would be losing all my bookmarks. Once I created my account, I did manage to export all my current bookmarks on to the site. However, I still cannot figure out how to get the tags showing, or how to feed it to this blog. Delicious is seeming to be harder than I thought.

With all that being said, I know I just need to spend more time working with it. I do believe this is an amazing tool and I know I will be using it in the future. We should not always depend on using the same computer, especially if something breaks, or god forbid, we loose our lab tops. This is a great backup option. It is also wonderful for networking. As far as teaching goes, I think it would be great for the entire staff at a school to be using this. Remember, each bookmark you have, there is an option for sharing it or not. This way, you can just share the school related websites/bookmarks. I am always sending links to friends, and this is just another shortcut to make our lives easier and create more time. Imagine if I could use the links that other PE teachers use at different schools, it could be great!! But does it create more time? Just like the other web 2.0 tools, you need to be patient in the beginning and it will all pay off in the end.

No comments: