Thursday, May 22, 2008

Web 2.0 fun

I have just spent a good portion of my day browsing through all of web 2.0 awards, and I just really do not know where to start. I was very proud of myself for knowing a couple, but really...who does not know what craigslist is? Even my mom has sold a car on craiglist.

There are three programs that stick out in my mind. Meebo, Ma.gnolia, and Omnidrive. As soon as I wrote these three names, it occurred to me they all have something in common. Making our life easier, of course. They also make our life more portable so to say.

Meebo is for instant text messaging without actually signing into your account on that web page.

Magnolia is to for bookmarking; Keeping your bookmarks on a website allows you to access your favorite websites from anywhere. Your bookmarks are available and always backed up no matter which computer you use. Again, think portable...meaning you can use this anywhere, PDA, your students iphone (because lets face it, we all have that one student who has better gadgets than we can afford).

Ominidrive allows you to aggregate not only all your desktop files, but all your files and data from different web applications as well. You can exchange files and data between applications using Omnidrive, and also easily share and publish files with just a single click. How cool does that sound? I have to change computers very soon, and this might be something I will actually use.

This was a very fun assignment and I am excited to read other blog entries about Web 2.0

No comments: