Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jump rope tricks

How could I not post this clip?? Everyone loves to jump rope, no matter what shape or size you are. I have a fantastic jump rope unit, and I always like to show the kids different routines. In the past I would have a hard time finding videos, but you tube makes it so much easier now.

At first I was very nervous about using youtube because we had a huge "episode" at our school. Our students were filming us teachers without us knowing about it, and posting them. That is just the brink of it really. So, just like other social networking, you need to be very careful what you are posting.

I do not have that much experience using youtube, but since I bought my flip (see blog below) I will be using this much more. I can see myself flipping class time and posting it here. It is also awesome for dance units. I would have my students film there dance routine and post it for all the other students to see.

On my personal teacher/school website, I believe this would be a fantastic addition. I can do demos, instructions, etc. When used correctly, this could be another useful tool for the classroom.

I love how easy the site is to use, and how other videos you might like always pop up on the side. I have not found anything I dislike yet..but I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Ben Regan said...

Thank you for finding the jump rope videos. This past school year I got a group of kids together and we were going to present a jump rope routine in front of the school, but it never went through. So I am hoping at the start of next school year to let the kids watch some of these videos to try and get them motivated and we can do a performance.