Monday, May 12, 2008

The flip!!!



Please tell me you guys know what the flip is?? Is is the best invention, and I recently purchased one from amazon before I went on a trip to Italy. Here is the link to check it out...flip



Like the website notes....its the camcorder, uncomplicated. It is a very light camcorder that digitally stores your video, and then you just simply stick the usb port into your computer. There are no plugs involved. It can hold up to about an hour and a half of video time, then you would erase them once downloaded on your computer. It also can upload right to Youtube as well!!

I figured out a way to use it in my classroom!!! I just had a sport dance unit with my sophomores (so awesome!!!) and I flipped their performances which later I uploaded to our school's website. This is a fascinating and easy way to bring tech into your PE classroom. It is very easy once the videos are downloaded to your computer, to send them by email, or post them on a blog :) And they are not that pricey either, I would highly suggest one because I am sure we will need to record our students or players in the future for a project!!

1 comment:

Bailey said...

That looks like a pretty cool tool! I haven't clicked on the link to check it out, but I like you example of how to use it in your classroom.